If you want an abortion, you go to Planned Parenthood, and that’s well over 90 percent of what Planned Parenthood does.
—Senator Jon Kyl (R-AZ) over funding for Planned Parenthood.
In actuality, 16% of what “Planned Parenthood does” is cancer screening, 35% is providing contraception, and only 3% are abortions. They also provide testing and treatment for STDs, pregnancy tests, adoption referrals, prenatal care, and provide an affordable option for a whole host of women’s health services. In any case, federal money does not fund abortion procedures by law.
His office later told CNN that Kyl’s speech to the United States Congress “was not intended to be a factual statement”.
- celebratedjumpingfrog reblogged this from biryani-barbie
- peoplecallmepsycho reblogged this from biryani-barbie
- biryani-barbie reblogged this from misandrypls
- adeleblancsec likes this
- misandrypls reblogged this from nevergobackproject
- nevergobackproject reblogged this from theshitpoliticianssay
- jess-roz reblogged this from theshitpoliticianssay
- carli-rae-jepsen likes this
- whatilearnedinmy16years reblogged this from theshitpoliticianssay
- underratedwoman reblogged this from theshitpoliticianssay
- theshitpoliticianssay posted this